Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hunchin

“I want Hunchin, Hunchin!” This was the most common phrase that my parents would hear out of my mouth when I was a little under two years old. At dinner, “Hunchin!” Going to the park, “Hunchin!” Going to pre-school, “Hunchin!” and going to bed, “Hunchin!” Wherever I went or whatever I did, Hunchin had to be there with me. Hunchin was my imaginary friend that I loved and cared for, for about two years. In my mind I pictured him a little younger than me, so I would be the boss, blonde hair, blue eyes, and he always had a smile on his face. We did absolutely everything together. We played on the seesaw together, we played soccer together, we ate together, slept together and Hunchin even came on our March break trip to Whistler with our family. During the trip I had decided that it was going to be Hunchin’s birthday party at 7 AM on the second last day of the trip. While in Vancouver I made my mom get Hunchin a birthday cake and for his birthday I gave him one of my treasured McDonalds Happy Meal toys. In my mind I will never forget the glowing blonde hair and the chubby baby cheeks that Hunchin had. Hunchin will always be a friend of mine but he may have to keep away from my mom.

No comments: