Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Tooth Fairy Case

When I was given this assignment it was difficult for me to think of something important to me right off the bat. It took me a quick glance around my room to spot out my tooth fairy case that I used when I was younger. This item is extremely significant to me because it is very unique to my family and has a history of family tradition. The tooth fairy case has two parts to it that you can unscrew to place a lost baby tooth in and then screw back together. Every time I lost a baby tooth I would race up to my room and stick it into the case. The next morning I would wake to find the tooth gone, a note from the “Tooth Fairy,” and a small amount of money under my pillow. If you saw the case for the first time you would think it looks like a tiny silver bell. If you paid more attention to the case you would notice that the bell is solid with a small amount of detail along the case. By far the most marvelous thing about this case is the gold fairy figurine sitting on top of the case. The fairy has its legs crossed, one hand on its hip and one hand holding its head up. The fairy has a huge smile on its face and looks to be wearing a little hat. It also has two beautiful wings stretched out connecting to the fairies back. All of my brothers have an identical case that we have used for every tooth we lost. The tradition of the tooth fairy case goes back for a long time on my mom’s side. Therefore, I will make sure that this treasure is passed down for many more generations to come.

No comments: