Sunday, September 23, 2007

RDS To RSGC

Before I went to RSGC, (clearly the greatest school) I went to a tiny private school called RDS (Rosedale Day School). I was not very fond of this school at the end of my first year here in grade three so I asked my parents if I could look for a new school for grade 4. It didn’t take long for my parents and I to find two excellent schools that I would apply for, for grade 4. These two schools were called Moncrest School and Royal St. George’s College. It was tough to decide which school was more suitable for me from the catalogue we were looking through so I decided to go to both schools to check it out. First I went to look at Moncrest. While I was there I had a great time with a student named Ryan showing me around the place. I wrote a short (extremely easy) English assessment that I probably aced. Then I went to go look at RSGC, which to me at the time seemed intimidating with the blazers, chapel and the scary looking teachers, but once I got started on my interview I felt right at home. The community was exceptionally welcoming I didn’t even have to write a test!!!! The week before I had prepared a story with my best handwriting that I would hand in instead of writing a test. I was also excited that we would receive laptops that we would work on. The next day I received an acceptance letter from Moncrest but I was still praying for the same letter from RSGC. In the next few days I caught the flu and stayed in bed for a while. Still every day I would check if I had received any mail. Finally, I received the acceptance letter from RSGC. I was so happy I didn’t even feel like vomiting anymore. When I said I wanted to go to RSGC over Moncrest my mom said, “I know you will be happy there.” I was overjoyed.

No comments: